Monday, March 21, 2011

Old Things Have Passed Away; Behold, All Things Have Become New

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.--2nd Corinthians 5:17

Dear Suzanne, Rebecca, Anna and Mikayla,
 
There is just no way I can possibly do this verse justice or even begin to speak to its magnificence.  (But of course...you know...I will try.

The key to the verse is "in Christ."  I AM IN CHRIST!  I am a new creation...the Holy Spirit has given me new life.  It is not a new leaf so to speak...it is a new life I walk in.  My master is no longer the God of this world but is the Lord Himself!   He is my strong tower.  He is my shelter. He is my refuge.  He is my security...He is my forgiveness...He is my acceptance...He is my hope....He is my future assurance and my inheritance. He is my Ark of Safety when I pass through the waters. In Him, the bible tells me, I live and move and have my being. He is my covering...He is the Becoming One...He becomes whatever I need!  I (ME!) have Him  living inside..I participate in the divine nature of Christ. This treasure lives in my earthen vessel.  I am now set free and am no longer a slave to my past or to sin.  In fact, because I believe, my past and everything else in my life now works together for good.  Goodness and mercy follow me and whether I live or die, I am with Him.  I am always with Him. 

 My old values, beliefs, loves and plans are gone.  My old man can still put up a fight and will to the day I die, but I am no longer enslaved to him.  He no longer has control over me. I am set free from the bondage of the past.  I can walk in holiness and newness of life.

This newness of life did not go away a few days after I was saved...this newness of life continued and was and is a constant reality for me.  Why because my position in Christ is secure. There is nothing that can separate me from Him. When I forget or allow something from my past to take hold  and gain a foothold in my life, my Lord is so gracious to show me that it no longer has the power to hold me and keep me from walking with Him by His Spirit. He graciously reminds me of my position in Him and all that that means. I have His power living inside me and as I surrender to it, I can do all things through my God who gives me strength.  I face nothing...nothing without Him.  He is always there...nothing can separate me from Him. I no longer live for the temporal.  I can live for the eternal.  I can walk in those works He has prepared for me.  I can walk according to His plan. I can face life with no condemnation and look forward to living with Him in glory  because I am in Him!

There is a notation in my bible next to the following verses...it was and is my prayer for myself and each one of you...my daughters.

"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;  that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love,"--Colossians 1:9-13


Love
Mom

Some verses to contemplate when you need to remember the new perspective you have in Him...


 "Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.--Isaiah 43:18-19

Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? --Ezekiel 18:31

Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to Him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. --John 3:3-6
 


No one puts a piece of unshrunk cloth on an old garment; for the patch pulls away from the garment, and the tear is made worse. Nor do they put new wine into old wineskins, or else the wineskins break, the wine is spilled, and the wineskins are ruined. But they put new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved." --Matthew 9:16-17

Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin.--Romans 6:4-6

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.  Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful." --Revelation 21:1-5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
\that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory. In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,  who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.--Ephesians 1:3-14

No comments: