Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Unto God, My Exceeding Joy...

My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.--Psalm 84:2


Father,


My soul longeth for You, my God!  My soul thirsts and my flesh cries out for the living God!  Bring me into Your presence...into Your holy habitation...into full communion with You.  I will seek You early in this dry and thirsty land. I want to see Your power and Your glory in my life.  I give it all to You....my soul shall be satisfied in You as with the richest of food.  With joyful lips I will praise You as I meditate on You all the day long and my eyes will wait on You in the night watches.  You are my help and in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.  My soul follows hard after You.  It is good for me to draw near to You.  My hands are stretched forth unto You.  I hope in Your word...my eyes search it and find comfort.  My flesh and my heart fails, but my God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever 


Life at its very best, Father, is empty without You.   Life apart from You is without purpose...it is meaningless.  I want to drink always from Your cistern and be refreshed.  I want to walk through this life in You...relying on You...depending on You...going from strength to strength.  Be my sun,  my shield and my defense.  My trust is in You, Father and I will not be ashamed.  You will give me grace and glory and no good thing will You withhold from me.




O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.  Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God--Psalm 43:3-4

No comments: